Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-11-20

Creative Gym - Exercise #14

Hi mixed media fans!

Do you feel sometimes that time flies too fast?
We are already back to you with new challenge!
As we are approaching towards Christmas... here is our new Creative Gym!

 create a Xmas card, tag or ATC (only small forms are allowed)



This month challenge is host by our amazing and talented Tusia!



Each year I create lots of Xmas cards for my friends all around the world. I do not have any particular style and each year I create many different cards. Today I would like to show you one, that is mixed-media. I have used Finnabair Soft Gloss Gel to mix it with Mica Powder and create shining effect on Finnabair Mechanicals. I have used the same Gel to add some Microbeads and Glass Glitter here and there. I made some white and black splashes and at the background I have used Finnabair Golden Crackle Paste applied through stencil.





 Products from Mixed Media Place:


Next up is wonderful Riikka!




I adore doing ATCs so when I read the challenge topic I knew that I was going to make a set of these wonderful little cards! I chose to use little tag-like pictures as my focal images and layered some papers, lace and mediums to the basis. 


I started the set by adding the Silver Crackle paste through the star stencil. Then I also added some stamping and misting to those. 








When I then had the paper, lace and canvas layers ready I added some mediums on top as well. I created a Mica paint using Soft Gloss Gel and one of the new Mica colors, the Pale Silver. And what would Christmas time be without some sparkle so I added both glitter and Art Sugar to the cards. As the Crackle Paste was then still wet on top the glitter also took to the stars.


Materials used:

Next project is from our fantastic Marianne!



I chose to make two tags in different colors, one red and one “blue”

Tags are so fun to make and I love to use them as cards together with a gift (instead of a card)

On the red one I used Distress Paint, Distress Stain and Archival Ink on the background to get the color I wanted.



After I got the color I added some gel medium through the bubble stencil.



Some metal from my stash and also some from Mixed Media Place are glued with 3D Gel Medium matte. I used the same gel to mix the mica powder on the metal.
To adhere the Micro Beads I used the same 3D gel medium.
Some seam binding are colored with Distress Paint and I added some of the micro beads on that as well.
The button in the middle says “merry Christmas” (in Norwegian)





Mixed Media Products used:

On the blue one I used Archival Ink on the background (after gessoing the tag first). It’s so fun to se the different look on the tag when it’s gessoed first (and of course, not to perfect gessoed, just random places).



I used Black Distress paint when I stamped  - love that look!





Added some hints of ecoline watercolor random places on the stamp.
And then I played with the yellow Mica Powder mixed with 3D gel medium, making some beams on the stamps. I also used the same mix with a stencil, the small stars.



Hope I gave you some inspiration to make some simple  Christmas-tags.

Mixed Media Products used:






Time for our fabulous Pascale!



Hello Sweeties,
I have to tell you that this was a real exercice for me, as those are the first ATCs I've ever made. 
I really enjoy doing them and I think that you will see more of them in the future.

I made the three ATCs together. First I covered the background paper (watercolor paper) with White Heavy Gesso. When dry, I had a star design with Gold Crackle Paste and let it try naturally.


Then I added some color with Primary Element mixed with water. When dry, I outlined the stars with a charcoal pen. 


After I have glued all the embellishments with 3D Matte Gel, I added some Clear Crackle here and there. And I let it dry again.

I brushed the gold Mica Powder on top of the Clear crackle paste to highlight the cracks. Then I added some Glitters, Glass Glitters and Micro Beads with the Soft Matte Gel. To finished the ATCs I just inked the edges with a brown Distress ink.

Products from Mixed Media Place:


Time for our gifted Anai!


For our new Creative Gym I've decided to make a Christmas Card. I wanted it to be elegant, quite simple and traditional, with just a hint of media.
I focused mostly on glitter and Liquid Pearls. Glitter is always my favourite choice and I like many different ways to use it.
When it comes to covering large embellishments (here - chipboard reindeer and wooden snowflake) I like using Sticky embossing powder. It's clear embossing powder which is sticky as long as it's hot. You only need to pour some glitter on top of it and wait for it too cool down.
It's a great product if your planning work with glitter - perfect for Christmas projects.









Products from Mixed Media Place:


Next up is our brilliant Athanasia!



I wanted to make some Christmas ATCs  for 6 special scrappy friends of mine and this challenge was the great opportunity to make the decision and get started working! 


I had these craft chipboards in my stash for a long time waiting for the right moment to transform into art pieces. They are only 2,5x3,5" and that was a challenge for me to work with so small areas.
I used papers, tags and stickers from the 7 Dots Studio Yuletide collection, a Christmas collection perfect for seasonal projects.



I placed all six of them on my craft desk and started working. First I used gold and red embossing powder with stamps to create a beautiful base to work on it.



Then I glued all the embellishments and worked with H2Os watercolors and a paintbrush on several spots.  I also painted the chipboard pieces and the flowers with them.


 Last thing to do was to make a shiny glue with 3D Gloss Gel and gold glitter. 3D Gloss Gel dries clear, so I wanted a little bit of sparkle to be shown on the finished project, that's why I added the gold glitter. I used it to glue some Art Ingredients like gold Glass Glitter and ruby Glass Beads, pretty Christmas colors, don't you think? :)





Products from Mixed Media Place:

Next up is our sensational Gayle!



Hello Mixed Media Place friends. Mica Powders mixed with water and used as mists are perfect for Christmas themed projects with the shimmer being soft and subtle. This is my first time making an ATC. and what fun these little cards can be. I have used Teal and Pale Silver Mica Powders, embossed stamping, texture paste with a stencil, some Mechanicals, Sterling Glass Glitter and a tiny bit of acrylic paint.






Products from Mixed Media Place:

Time for our one and only Janka!


I love all kind of small forms. I used to create a lot of cards (I sent most of them to my friends and family). Now I usually create ATC sets which are so much fun. I miss creating cards so today's project will be a card.



Products from Mixed Media Place:

Lastly our amazing Fran!


This month challenge was perfect for me. I love small art pieces. When I think Christmas I see glitter, shine and gold colour. 
I've used acetate as a base for my ATC's and stuck to natural tones to let the shine and sparkle do the talking! I created texture with Light Paste and Gesso adding in old sheet music, book pages and gorgeous glass glitter.These little cards are so much fun to create, I encourage anyone to have a play ATC's!


Products from Mixed Media Place:

And now it the time to see who is the winner?!


Congratulations Beatriz ! Be sure to visit her blog for more amazing projects !

Thank you so much for taking part in our October challenge Exercise #13. We are delighted to see you all joining Creative Gym! 

Congratulations!!! Please, contat us at: store(at)mixedmediaplace.com to claim your prize. 

We hope you will join our new challenge !
You have time to present your works until December 17th. Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below.
Our Design Team will then choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store.




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Beautiful Beatriz - Congratulations. Love the concept for the This is the Day sentiment - some mornings it's hard to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And WOW - what LOVELY creations of inspiration for Christmas projects from the DT - thanks bunches for all the "cheer" and LUSCIOUSNESS!!! j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joi Many thanks for your kind words. It is an honor to receive them.
      A hug!! :)

      Delete
  2. wonderful inspiration by all, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. !! My God, thank you for this award. What a joy!!. I feel so happy and honored !!!. I have no words ... My congratulations also to all the other girls for their work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the awesome inspiration and for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Beatriz - stunning project!
    And such fantastic projects from the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new challenge is fabulous !!, the work of inspiration is amazing !!. Thanks for everything !!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.